We’re Recruiting for a Retail Assistant
03 May 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic retail assistant to join our team!
The job will have you working alongside our Head of Retail, helping to manage and develop our two shops at York Stadium and York Hospital. You will support, train and motivate a team of volunteers, along with taking on various retail responsibilities and assisting with aspects such as events and general administration.
We are looking for someone with retail experience and brilliant customer service skills, able to work in a team and show adaptability and a good personal drive.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of retail with the day to day running of retail outlets.
- Motivate, train and support a team of volunteers.
- Stock control.
- Dealing with deliveries.
- Customer service.
- Cash handling.
- Assist with events.
- General administration.
- Assist with EPOS.
- Assist with E-commerce.
Due to the nature of the role and the location of our shops, you must be able to drive and own a car as you will need to commute between the shops during the working day. (Expenses will be paid).
You will also have:
- Retail experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- A desire to make a real difference to people and be a team player
- Personal drive, energy and integrity and be adaptable and responsible
In addition, experience in E-commerce and an understanding of the voluntary and charity sector would be an advantage.
- 35 hours Full time – flexible 4 day working pattern
- Permanent position
- Salary £19,000
- 20 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Private medical insurance (after 1 year of service)
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!