We are recruiting for a Centre Manager at The Leveson Centre
10 Nov 2022
We are recruiting for a Centre Manager within our brand-new cancer support centre at York Community Stadium, this is a vital and unique role that we are very excited about.
The Leveson Centre, due to open later this year, will provide a facility for cancer patients and others affected by cancer to access support and care. This Centre is set to be a flagship project for the York Against Cancer team and will be the only one of its kind for the region of North and East Yorkshire.
For this position we are looking for an experienced, confident and motivated manager to head up The Leveson Centre team.
As the Centre Manager you will work closely with our York Against Cancer CEO and team members, as well as being responsible for managing the Centre team members and volunteers.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Centre ensuring high standards are adhered to.
- Become ‘the face’ of the Centre.
- Develop an innovative and contemporary service.
- Manage the provision of cancer information and literature.
- Liaise with and manage internal and external relationships, including the York and Scarborough Hospital Trust.
- Lead and develop the team – inspire and support them.
- Develop communication channels internally and externally to promote the Centre appropriately in line with the charities wider communication aims.
Please note: The suggested opening hours for the Centre will be 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays. We envisage these hours will be covered by the manager and an assistant manager. Rota to be confirmed in due course.
The ideal candidate will;
- Have a sound understanding of cancer services and pathways
- Have experience managing a team and/or a venue/business
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be competent in all Microsoft software, with excellent computer skills and experience using WordPress and Social Media platforms
- Have personal drive, energy and integrity and be adaptable and responsible
- Have a desire to make a real difference to people and be a team player
- Have a full, clean driving licence
Having an understanding of the voluntary and charity sector would be beneficial.
- Attractive salary (commensurate on experience)
- Full-time, permanent contract
- 35 hours per week (inc. weekend working)
- 25 days holiday
- Private health insurance (after 1 year)
- Workplace pension
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
If you would like a detailed Job Description and Personal Specification, please email us and we will send one across.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to Julie Russell, CEO, York Against Cancer email@example.com or by post to York Against Cancer, East Stand, York Community Stadium, Kathryn Avenue, Huntington, York. YO32 9AF.
Closing date for applications 9.00am 25th November
Interviews will take place on the 9th December at the York Against Cancer offices at York Community Stadium