A year of fundraisers for York Against Cancer
15 Dec 2022
As we approach the end of 2022 we are reflecting over the past year and all the amazing challenges and events that have been done on behalf of us here at York Against Cancer.
From head shaves to marathons, it’s been a busy year for all our fundraisers, with 77 individual fundraisers set up and completed over the course of the past year, raising over £81k!
We want to thank each and every person that has taken part or supported fundraisers throughout the year.
There are too many to list them all, but some stand outs from 2022 are;
- The New Earswick Cricket Club took on the 3 Peaks Challenge raising £1,580
- Debbie and Kate from Stamford bridge choir did a bike ride, 61km, raising £1,745
- Stephen McLeod braved the shave with a Halloween inspired Head shave raising £2,000
- We had 51 participants run for us in the Jane Tomlinson York 10km
- Our very own Head of Fundraising, Lauren Hudson took on an outdoor 2.5km swim
- Tom and Joe Woof completed a 100km ultramarathon raising £1,200
- The Netsells team completed a 6km Total Warrior raising over £1,700
- Craig and Gerard completed the Dragon Devil Ride raising £1,000 for us and £1,000 for Bowel Cancer UK
- 2 teams took part in the Dragon Boat Race one team from Ged Bell Butchers and one from John Sisk & Son, between them raising a total of £1,999
- Over 100 golf enthusiasts took part in a Corporate Golf Day at York Golf Club raising over £13,000.
- The York Football League Cup was hosted in aid of York Against Cancer, raising over £3,500.
- York Rocks hosted drew in over 700 attendees raising over £13,000.
In total our 2022 fundraisers raised a whopping £81,000 for us!
Without the support of fundraisers, we wouldn’t be able to continue with our services, such as;
- our daily minibus service to St James’ in Leeds for cancer patients receiving radiotherapy treatment
- offering cancer patients and their families a stay at our respite home in Filey
- funding lifesaving research at the Jack Birch Unit at the University of York
- running our brand-new cancer support centre, The Leveson Centre, which is due to open in the new year
- offering cancer patients exercise classes free of charge at the York Community Stadium
If you’d like to create a fundraiser in 2023 we recommend using Just Giving and encouraging Gift Aid donations, but for any questions please contact Lauren on email@example.com