We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager at The Leveson Centre
12 Jan 2023
We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager within our brand-new cancer support centre at York Community Stadium, this is a vital and unique role that we are very excited about.
The Leveson Centre, due to open in February, will provide a facility for cancer patients and others affected by cancer to access support and care. This Centre is set to be a flagship project for the York Against Cancer team and will be the only one of its kind for the region of North and East Yorkshire.
For this position we are looking for an experienced, confident Assistant Manager to work closely with the Centre Manager to run The Leveson Centre services and team of volunteers.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Centre ensuring high standards are adhered to.
- Become one of ‘the faces’ of the Centre.
- Implement an innovative and contemporary service.
- Manage the provision of cancer information and literature.
- Liaise with and manage internal and external relationships, including the York and Scarborough Hospital Trust.
- Work with the Centre Manager to develop the team – inspire and support them.
- Support with developing communication channels internally and externally to promote the Centre appropriately in line with the charities wider communication aims.
Please note: The suggested opening hours for the Centre will be 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays. We envisage these hours will be covered by the manager and an assistant manager. Rota to be confirmed in due course.
The ideal candidate will;
- Be organised and approachable.
- Have some knowledge of cancer services and clinical pathways.
- Be committed to the aims and ethos of York Against Cancer and have a desire to bring about positive change in people’s perception and understanding of the Charities work.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Have good all-round communication skills and relationship management abilities.
- Be driven, adaptable and responsible.
- Be computer literate.
- Have good time-management.
- Have previous experience of updating websites and social media.
Having an understanding of the voluntary and charity sector would be beneficial.
- Attractive salary (commensurate on experience)
- Full-time, permanent contract
- 35 hours per week (inc. weekend working)
- 25 days holiday
- Private health insurance (after 1 year)
- Workplace pension
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
If you would like a detailed Job Description and Personal Specification, please email us and we will send one across.
To apply please send your C.V. and a covering letter to Julie Russell, CEO, York Against Cancer firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to York Against Cancer, East Stand, York Community Stadium, Kathryn Avenue, Huntington, York. YO32 9AF.
Closing date for applications 30th January 2023.
Interviews will take place on the w/c 6th February at the York Against Cancer offices at York Community Stadium